Monday, April 24, 2006

His Roommate is In!

Bob Rae has officially joined the Liberal leadership race. On a political level, I encourage Liberals to support Rae, if they want to abandon all chances of winning in Ontario, who am I to stop them? But this whole business of running against your old roommate (a fact finally acknowledged in the press) strikes me as somewhat disloyal. It's not like these people used to just share an apartment, they were good friends. Just last year Rae introduced Ignatieff at a speaking event, when it could just as easily have been someone else. I've never agreed with Rae politically, but I've always thought of him as a decent person. But I think that abandoning old relationships to pursue your own political glory says a lot about a person. He'll probably make a pretty good Liberal leader after all.

No comments: