Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Beaches residents confirm suspicions that they are pretentious gits

The people of the Beaches have spoken, and they want their neighbourhood to be officially known as "the Beach". Everybody who lives outside the Beaches will continue to call it the Beaches, and will give confused looks every time someone refers to it as "the Beach". (My bet is if for some crazy reason the people of Toronto actually listen to Beaches residents and start calling it "the Beach", we've got about a decade before they discover that, in fact, "the Sands" is more historically accurate.)

In other news, I am starting a campaign to have the name of my neighbourhood changed from the "Yonge Street Strip" to the "Yonge Street Strips". There is more than one strip club in my neighbourhood and I think the official name should recognize that fact.

No comments: