Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Film Festival leaps into the 1990s

The Film Festival has announced that for the first time this year, moviegoers will be able to order all of their tickets on-line.

"How cool is that?" TIFF managing director Michelle Maheux asked the crowd assembled for the final pre-festival press conference in Toronto on Tuesday.

"You can sit in your pyjamas and order tickets to the festival," she enthused.

In my pajamas? Is there no end to what you can do on the information super highway?!! I can't wait for the day when I can do my banking or swap music files on-line!

Am I just cynical, or does anyone else think that any event that is this giddy about on-line sales in 2005 is going to screw it up miserably? All I'm saying is that if I end up with tickets to a Lars von Trier movie, I'm gonna sue!

No comments: