Saturday, December 02, 2006

Letter to Dean David Ellwood, Kennedy School of Government

Dear Dean Ellwood,

Approximately one year ago, I resigned from my position at Harvard. At that time, it was my belief that I could better serve the world by seeking elected office in my native Canada. Since then, I have had time to carefully reconsider. I do not believe that my academic life is over, and feel that a position in Canadian government is not the best stage from which to fight for human rights around the world. As such, I respectfully request that you fire Sarah Sewall and return me to my position of Director of the Carr Center. While I applaud Professor Sewall's work and appreciate the commitment she has shown to the Center, I think you will agree with me that her intellectual celebrity does not compare to my own. Human Rights is one of the most important issues of our time, and the Carr Center needs a star such as myself to bring attention to its work.

I look forward to working with you again.

Yours Sincerely,
Michael Ignatieff
Director (?)
Carr Center for Human Rights
Kennedy School of Government
Harvard University

p.s. I understand the that timing may seem suspicious. I assure you that I made my decision prior to the delegates selection of Stephane "The New York Times Never Asks My Opinion" Dion as the leader of the Liberal Party of Canada

No comments: