Friday, December 17, 2004

Oh, how cute, he thinks we're important

Paul thinks that Canada is uniquely positioned to play a role in the world. Would that it were so. While in theory I agree with him (which, let me tell you, pains me to no end), there's one little problem..... We don't have a military. Canada made the decision to get out of that game and into the record-surplus-and-obscene-amounts-spent-on-health-care game. You can't have it both ways.

I'm not sure "Canada: All talk, no action" is a great motto for a foreign policy.


1 comment:

Sass said...

hmmm, sounds more to me like Canada is uniquely positioned to take advantage of foreign contracts. Then when things get sticky and our Canadian workers are stuck abroad when revolution hits, the American military can go in and get us out.